The Tesla Powerwall is an outdoor rated, wall mounted Lithium-ion battery system designed for storing electricity from residential solar PV panels for powering your home in the evening.
Automated, compact, simple to install and requiring no maintenance, the Powerwall enables you to maximize self-consumption of solar power generation.
- 6.4kWh energy storage capacity
- 100% depth of discharge
- Integrated thermal control system
- Integrated battery management system
- DC-DC converter enabling safe and efficient connection to compatible solar inverters.
Benefits of installing a Powerwall
- Increase self-consumption – The Powerwall can store surplus solar PV energy, not used at the time it is generated, so you can use that energy later when the sun is not shining.
- Protect against future increases in energy costs by using your own generated power.
- Load shifting – The battery can provide financial savings to its owner by charging during low rate periods when demand for electricity is lower and discharging during more expensive rate periods when electricity demand is higher.
- Back-up power – Assures power in the event of an outage.